I’m sure you love nature as much as I do because it feeds the soul, brings fresh air to our lungs and clarity to our minds. Did you know that nature can actually heal you? It’s true, I promise! Read on to learn more about what my top 8 reasons why nature heals are.
After you get convinced then you may want to try my 30 day “Get into Nature” challenge with your friends or loved ones. You may also find that you will want to carve out time during your hectic week to be in it because you’ll become happier and more productive in your daily life too.
You will also want to spread that freeing feeling you get from it to your family, friends and community to create a positive rippling effect. We all need it!
Change comes from within and being in nature helps us to connect on a deeper level with our spirits. Of course, so does being involved in a spiritual practice or Faith. Connection to your spirit and to like minded people is equally important for a healthy mind/body and spirit.
I want to share with you 2 quotes I recently came across that resonated with me, one by Rachel Carson, “Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts” and one from Aristotle, “In all things of Nature, there is something of the marvelous.”
Modern day living comes with a lot of angst these days and a common pattern I’ve seen is that the problems we interpret in our lives seem to be huge and overwhelming until, you get into nature. You then can see solutions to handle anything life throws at you!
This is also why I decided to write the 8 reasons why nature heals, it is to help us all step outside of ourselves and into a place where you can see something truly magnificent. Something otherworldly, something majestic that takes your breath away. It makes your daily problems seem small and more insignificant. It helps you get inspired with a myriad of solutions for you to draw upon.
1. Meditative – did you know that just walking in nature can be meditative? You can solve all of your problems and get clarity which can heal the mind, connect the soul and expand the lungs.
2. Fresh air – when you are always indoors your lungs cannot get the clean oxygen that is needed to heal. When you get out into nature you breath cleaner air and are closer to the source – the trees that give us oxygen to breath.
3. Sunshine – Vitamin D is best synthesized in the body directly by the sun. Vitamin D helps heal the immune system. Best time of day to get Vitamin D directly from the sun is in late afternoon, usually around 4-6pm depending on where you live.
4. Joy/Happiness – the joy and happiness you can experience seeing something magical such as a beautiful fawn or deer in the wild heals the soul. Deer symbolism varies but typically represents innocence, kindness, grace and good luck.
5. Perspective – the awareness that you are but a tiny speck on this majestic earth makes your problems seem much smaller, releasing tension and healing your mind. It also helps to find solutions once you can step away and relax so, take a journal and sit under a tree to gain clarity.
6. Empowerment – if you’ve ever felt at a loss as to how to get resolution about something go into nature and you’ll feel empowered to take on the world. This helps to heal inner childhood traumas as well. Persevering to climb a challenging mountain trail or cliff can help you to get laser focused and feel the strength in your muscles to overcome physical and mental obstacles. If you can climb a mountain, you can do anything! How empowering is that!?!
7. Trust – you’ll find an inner connection of trust between your spirit, God & nature. Letting go of certain fears you may have been holding onto as well. You’ll find through trust that it’s also not so scary out there as well as, learn more about your inner strengths.
8. Play – being playful contributes to creativity and problem-solving which helps heal emotional issues you may be experiencing. You can get out in nature in a big body of water and swim, wade, jump, splash, and laugh to let go of your worries. Connect to your inner child and flow.
It is so important in this day and age to take care of your mental, physical and spiritual health. Nature is one of the best places and can be accessed for free. So much is going on in the world and we are bombarded with negative messages all the time and we all need to step outside of it all to connect and find inner peace. I hope My top 8 reasons why nature heals inspires you to take on this 30 day challenge. You’ll transform your life!
It is sad to me that more and more people are spending so much time in front of their smart devices, computers or televisions now. The rates of anxiety, depression, & all types of mental health disorders have also increased exponentially and seems to have a high correlation. This also has a detrimental affect on all aspects of life including the healthcare system, families, connectedness and a host of other unhealthy habits. This is not sustainable for any society.
My top 8 reasons why nature heals can help everyone to understand why it’s important to connect deeper our mind/body and spiritual health. Nature heals and it sustains us. It is a step in the right direction of healthier living, changing lifestyle for the better and our communities. By getting outdoors into nature, breathing fresh air, clearing the mind and connecting it’ll create that ripple effect of healing that is sorely needed in the world today.
Did I miss anything? What does nature do for you?! Let me know in the comments section below how you’re inspired by nature and all it’s wonder.